Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sonmarg-Meadow of Gold

To think of it I almost missed it. Thanks to PNS sab, whose travelogue is par excellence (http://paliakara.blogspot.in) and whose travel to Kashmir  formed a good basis for my trip insisted I include Sonmarg, . It surely would have been a costly miss. 'cos I felt this is the most beautiful of all the splendors of Kashmir.

The Journey itself was so beautiful, about 90 kms from Srinagar, for most of the journey the river Sindh flow on with us with the snow clad mountains in background.

Truly Meadow of Gold, a little away from the hustle of the tourist centre are some beautiful picnic spots-  reminded me of the Von Trapp  children picnicking and singing  tune of Do re me in the movie Sound of Music



This being on the ancient silk route, the Zojila Pass is only a little away and the the decent starts into another paradise-Ladhak via Kargil. About 5 kms away is the Thajiwas Glaciers, one need to hire ponies to see the snow clad glaciers-I for that matter choose to stay on in these pristine environment.

5 comments:

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots, a delight to see this.

Indrani said...

Hope I too will be able to visit some day. Nice pics, very pleasing to eyes.

Kannada Cuisine said...

wow...

http://joshidaniel.com/ said...

beautiful :)

P.N. Subramanian said...

The place where you camped looks awful. You could have visited the glacier too.